The Center for Medicare Advocacy is grateful to all the participants, presenters and sponsors who helped make this year’s program a reality, if not exactly the reality that was originally planned.
We are humbled and honored by all the speakers who so generously gave their time: 2020 Sen. Jay Rockefeller Lecturer Wendell Potter; Tricia Neuman, Cathy Hurwit, Sen. Jay Rockefeller, Judy Feder, Trudy Lieberman, Mark Miller, Susan Jaffe, and all the Center for Medicare Advocacy staff who helped make this happen.
Congratulations to 2020 Alfred J. Chiplin, Jr. Social Justice and Advocacy Award honoree Ashwani Jain of the National Kidney Foundation.
And finally, none of this could happen without the sponsors who made the Summit and Rockefeller Lecture possible: Lecture sponsor The John A. Hartford Foundation; and panel sponsors AARP; Alzheimer’s Association Alzheimer’s Impact Movement; Powers Pyle Sutter and Verville, PC; the Santa Fe Group; and SEIU.
Summit Program & Materials
Use the links below to access additional materials from our presenters and sponsors, presentation slides, and this year’s program.
Additional Presenter Materials
- Center for Medicare Advocacy COVID-19 Advocates Guide
- Center for Medicare Advocacy Medicare Platform
- How the Health Insurance Industry (and I) Invented the ‘Choice’ Talking Point – New York Times, January 14, 2020
- Health care reporters used to be Medicare hounds. What happened? – Center for Health Journalism, November 13, 2019
- “Don’t Touch My Medicare!” Is the beloved program on its last legs? – Harpers, Evergreen Archive
- Be wary of the complex pros and cons of Medicare plans – Kearney Hub, November 2, 2019
- Another challenge: Finding right care after hospital – Kearney Hub, June 8, 2019
- Medicare’s three-day rule can make nursing home stays expensive – Kearney Hub, April 2, 2016
- Dropping Medicare age to 60? No more than a start in the right direction – Reuters, April 16, 2020
- Medicare Is Updating Coverage to Help in the Coronavirus Crisis – New York Times, March 24, 2020
- Federal Judge Rules Medicare Patients Can Challenge ‘Observation Care’ Status – Kaiser Health News, March 30, 2020
- Home Health Care Providers Struggle With State Laws And Medicare Rules As Demand Rises – Health Affairs, June, 2019
- Medicare Advantage Plans Cleared To Go Beyond Medical Coverage — Even Groceries – Kaiser Health News, April 3, 2018
- Home Care Agencies Often Wrongly Deny Medicare Help To The Chronically Ill – Kaiser Health News, January 18, 2018
- COBRA, Retiree Plans, VA Benefits Don’t Alleviate Need To Sign Up For Medicare – Kaiser Health News, December 14, 2016
- A Quiet ‘Sea Change’ in Medicare – New York Times, March 25, 2014
Oral Health Collaboration Resources
- Center for Medicare Advocacy: https://www.medicareadvocacy.org/medicare-oral-health-care-update/
- Santa Fe Group: http://santafegroup.org/salon/
- DentaQuest Partnership for Oral Health Advancement: https://www.dentaquestpartnership.org/system/files/OOP%20Dental%
Thank you to all our 2020 Sponsors