Social Security now offers a convenient online service for Medicare beneficiaries who have lost, damaged, or otherwise need to replace their Medicare cards. Through his or her my Social Security account, a beneficiary can now easily order a replacement Medicare card.
A my Social Security account only takes a few minutes to set up, and offers several useful services in addition to replacing a Medicare card:
- Keep track of your earnings and verify them every year;
- Get an estimate of your future benefits if you are still working;
- Get a letter with proof of your benefits if you currently receive them; and
- Manage your benefits:
- Change your address;
- Start or change your direct deposit;
- Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.