As 2019 winds down, we took a look back at the CMA Alerts you were most interested in over the last twelve months. News about skilled nursing facilities featured highly, as did Medicare payment changes. Interest in Medicare coverage of oral health remains high, and of course, you continued to follow the ongoing issues of Outpatient Observation and the Improvement Standard. Here are your top ten 2019 CMA Alerts.
- 2019 Federal Poverty Levels Released: New Income Limits for Medicare Savings Programs
- Final Rules for New Medicare Reimbursement System for Skilled Nursing Facilities: Goodbye Therapy
- Home for the Holidays: Leaving the Nursing Home During a Medicare-Covered Stay
- Medicare Cost-Sharing Rates (Premiums & Deductibles for 2019 & 2020)
- Time for Medicare Enrollment – Time to Talk Turkey!
- Legal Memorandum: Statutory Authority Exists for Medicare to Cover Medically Necessary Oral Health Care
- What’s Causing Nursing Home Closures?
- More Doors to Medicare Home Health Closing, More Harm for Observation Status Patients
- Senators Release Secret List of Poor Quality Nursing Homes
- Jimmo Implementation Update: Where is CMS?
And as a bonus to our loyal CMA Alert readers, below are links to all our 2019 recorded Webinars for your (re)viewing convenience.
- Medicare Home Health Update
- Key Medicare Issues Facing People with Serious Illnesses
- Medicare & Health Care Hot Topics
- Medicare Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics and Supplies (DMEPOS) Update
- Skilled Nursing Facility Updates
- Medicare for People with Paralysis – Sponsored by the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
- Medicare Enrollment Issues for 2020
- Coordination of Benefits – What Pays When?
- Medicare Appeals in Light of Jimmo v. Sebelius – Sponsored by the NAELA Foundation
There is little doubt 2020 will be as full as last year – likely more so. We will be here for you each week with more updates. Let us know if you have any suggestions.
December 27, 2019