As families gather this week, we at the Center are reminded of some of the many reasons we have to be thankful.
- The visionaries who designed, launched and supported Medicare to help all American families.
- That remarkable Medicare program for helping to keep older Americans out of poverty, and insuring people with disabilities who, like older Americans, were left behind by private insurance.
- The Affordable Care Act for provisions that strengthened Medicare coverage, and cut wasteful overpayments to private insurance companies… oh, and for giving millions of uninsured Americans coverage they never had before.
- The freedom, flexibility, choice and guaranteed benefits offered by the traditional Medicare program.
- Our partners and fellow advocates who help us open doors to health care for the 62 million people who rely on Medicare.
And, of course,
- Our supporters, who believe in the promise of a real, robust Medicare program, now and for the future.
Thank you for being a part of the Center for Medicare Advocacy community. We wish you all the best.