Oral argument in Texas v United States, the lawsuit seeking to dismantle the Affordable Care Act, will be held Tuesday July 9, 2019. At stake in this case is the health care of millions of Americans. The case will affect the entire health care system and every aspect of the Affordable Care Act, not just the much-discussed pre-existing conditions. People at risk of losing protections and benefits include older Americans and Americans currently on employer insurance, not just those who rely on the Affordable Care Act exchanges for coverage.
Families USA and others have developed resources for social media, and are also scheduling events for next week. Here’s information to help you participate:
- Families USA’s Texas v US Toolkit – Includes all the resources below, and more:
- Fact Sheet: Four Things You Need to Know About Texas v United States Litigation
- State-by-State Fact Sheets: These fact sheets show how people in each state will be harmed if the Affordable Care Act is overturned
- Shareable Graphics
- Sample Social Media Post
- People across America deserve high-quality, affordable health care. #TexasvUS threatens to leave millions of people uninsured. See the facts from @FamiliesUSA https://familiesusa.org/product/texas-v-united-states-issue-briefs
- Suggested hashtags: #whatyouwilllose #healthcaresabotage #handsoffmyhealthcare
- Consumer stories
- Hear the stories of others who stand to lose in our
- Share your story of how the Affordable Care Act has helped you, and urge others in your network to do so by clicking here.