ARE YOU ENROLLED IN MEDICARE?
DID YOU GET A NOTICE FROM DSS SAYING YOU ARE LOSING YOUR MEDICARE SAVINGS PROGRAM BENEFITS (QMB, SLMB, ALMB)
IN JANUARY 2018 DUE TO THE BUDGET CUT?
If so, you should know this is happening because of a drastic cut that was included in the state budget that was just passed by the legislature and signed by the Governor in October, 2017.
Call your State Representative & State Senator!
Let them know how the cuts to the Medicare Savings Program will impact you.
Your calls and e-mails are making a difference!
Not sure what to say, or how to start?
- Start with your name and the town you live in.
- Tell the person you speak with that you are calling about “the recent cuts made to the Medicare Savings Program in the state budget that was just passed”.
- Tell them how these cuts will impact your life directly, for example:
- If you no longer have coverage for your 20% doctor or therapist visit Medicare copays, and so won’t be able to go to some or all of your doctors or therapists anymore, tell them that.
- If you will no longer have coverage for the $1,340 Medicare hospital deductible, so you will face a large bill if you have to be hospitalized, tell them that.
- If you will no longer have coverage for your Medicare Part B premiums (which range from $109 to $134/month), and so will have to drop that coverage, let them know that.
- Tell them what kind of choices you will be forced to make because of these cuts, for example, having to choose between the high copays for an essential medical service vs. heating your home.
- End your call by urging your legislator to quickly fix these cruel and unfair cuts to your health care coverage. Urge them to repeal these cuts.
Finally, PLEASE – Let us know how it goes!
To find out who your State Representative and State Senator are please call: 860-240-0100
Or use this link https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/cgafindleg.asp
Once you know who they are, you can contact them by calling or emailing them.
For more information, please contact Daniela Giordano at email@example.com